skip to content

Pre-Season 2019-20


Fairford Town  0 – 0  Cirencester Town

Match Report by Dave Pyzer


Cirencester made the short journey to near neighbours Fairford Town for their 2nd pre-season friendly match and honours were shared as neither side was able to open their account.


The first threat on goal came from the visitors after 6 minutes when Jack Freeman delivered a free kick from the right flank into the Fairford box where Nathan Hawkins headed clear and shortly afterwards the home side threatened as Callum Preece embarked on a strong run down the right flank that resulted in the first corner kick of the match.

Cirencester responded by working the ball down their left flank before Alan Griffin switched play to Freeman on the right and he moved it forward to Josh Parsons who slipped past his marker into the penalty area to force a solid parry from ‘keeper Ben Mitchell.

Just before the half hour mark Connor Thompson made a break down the centre and as he neared the front edge of the Cirencester penalty area he slipped the ball right to Dan Bailey who shot past the far left post.

Five minutes later Parsons played the ball out to Jonny Dennis on the right flank who laid it back to Will Christopher who crossed from the right front corner of the home penalty area to the penalty spot where Parsons produced a firm header that flew into the waiting arms of Mitchell.

As the half was drawing to a close a Cirencester corner kick from the right was played short and then returned to Freeman who had his shot blocked leading to another corner kick that Hawkins headed away for it to be re-cycled to Dennis near the right side edge of the area and this time the shot was deflected into the grateful arms of Mitchell.  

The final goal-mouth action of the half came at the Cirencester end as a well placed Connor Thompson failed to connect with a cross from their left flank with his head and the danger was cleared.   

Half Time:  0-0

A couple of changes to personnel were made at the interval and almost from the re-start Connor Thompson had a shot blocked by Cirencester ‘keeper Sam Ayres.

Four minutes into the half Cirencester produced a neat move as Christopher fed Parsons who moved it on to Freeman, out to Jordan Morris on the left flank, inside to Parsons who returned it to Morris as he burst forward to cross from the left corner – the home side stood firm and cleared the danger.

On the hour mark Tommy Ouldridge and Parsons combined to release Freeman who saw his shot pushed over the bar by Mitchell.

More personnel changes were made and as a result the game became more disjointed although the home side had the better of the closing stages as they won several corner kicks.

Full Time:   0-0 

Another good work-out on a warm evening for the teams in their search for fitness but not too much goal mouth threat.

Referee:          ???



Sam Ayres, Will Christopher, Will Tunniclff, Tommy Ouldridge, Triallist, Jack Freeman, Jonny Dennis, Adam Connolly, Alan Griffin, Josh Parsons, Aidan Bennett, Jordan Morris, Rhys Sarson, Miles Arnold, Sam Farr.



No Team Sheet available.

Cirencester Town FC © 2011 - 2020