skip to content

Newsletter Sign up

Corinium Facilities

Centurion Football

Our Sponsors

  • Statehouse Financial Advisors
  • David M.Coe Financial Planning
  • Sollertis
  • Costwold Water Park Hotel
  • SpecSavers
  • Murfitts/PRO-gran
  • Direct Business Solutions
  • Tiger Turf
  • Spire House
  • Bluestone Insurance Services

Cinderford defeat Cirencester to reach the 'play-off' final.

Evo-Stik Southern League 2018/19

Division 1 South – ‘Play-Off’ Semi Final


Cirencester Town  1 – 2  Cinderford Town

Two Gloucestershire rivals in a good run of form competed for a place in the ‘Play-Off’ Final and after a highly entertaining, competitive encounter at The Corinium Stadium it was ‘The Foresters’, who recovered from being a goal down, that will face Yate Town in the Final.


Immediately from their kick-off Cinderford showed their intent as within the first minute they had a corner kick and during this early pressure they came close through Andy Lewis and Richard Greaves.

Cirencester stood firm with Ellis Dunton making a number of timely interceptions as the home side worked their way into the game leading to Owen Windsor firing narrowly wide, Will Christopher having a 30 yarder tipped over the bar and Alan Griffin volleying wide.

After the break Cirencester started strongly as an incoming Tommy Anderson was inches short of converting an Aidan Bennett cross and Cinderford responded as a Lorcan Sheehan cross resulted in a bit of a melee until Ayres grabbed the ball.

As the hour mark approached Cirencester opened the scoring when ALAN GRIFFIN hooked the ball over his shoulder and in off the inside of the far left post.

Two minutes later it was all square again as CRAIG NORMAN latched onto the loose ball on the edge of the box to finish into an empty net.

Cinderford increased the pressure to win a series of corner kicks and got the ball into the net but it was disallowed for ‘offside’.

Twenty minutes later Cinderford made the breakthrough when a looping header from JOSH HUNT dropped in off the inside of the left post. 

Cirencester nearly equalised immediately when Jordan Morris struck the left post and as the game was drawing to a close they pressed and Cinderford countered for a deserved victory on the night that takes them into the Final. 


Click here to read Dave Pyzer's match report.


This entry was posted on 02 May 2019 at 22:41 and is filed under First Team | Miscellaneous. You can leave a response here.

Bookmark with:

  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Reddit
  • StumbleUpon

Leave a Reply


(Required, not published)

Cirencester Town FC © 2011 - 2020