skip to content

Newsletter Sign up

Corinium Facilities

Centurion Football

Our Sponsors

  • Direct Business Solutions
  • David M.Coe Financial Planning
  • Clarity Solutions
  • Sollertis
  • SpecSavers
  • Cirecester Vape
  • Costwold Water Park Hotel
  • Murfitts/PRO-gran
  • Mainstream digital
  • Spire House

Cirencester's 5-match unbeaten run ended by high flying Blackfield and Langley.

Evo-Stik Southern League 2018/19

Division 1 South


Cirencester Town  2 – 3  Blackfield & Langley

Second placed Blackfield & Langley ended Cirencester’s 5 match unbeaten run with a victory that was due in no small part to the overly zealous officiating of referee Ryan Williams who reduced the home side to ten men early in the second half.

Despite this imbalance ‘The Centurions’ showed lots of character to press their visitors until the final whistle and they nearly levelled as the game drew to a close.

The home side made the perfect start as they opened the scoring within the first minute when Alan Griffin headed a corner kick across goal for ALEX ALBERT to finish at the back post.

Cirencester had started confidently and were producing some flowing football but as the mid-point approached Blackfield were retaining the ball better and around the mid-point of the half ADEOYI OLUMUYIWA stepped up to send a precise free kick into the top right corner to level.

As the interval loomed Cirencester produced another flowing move that switched play from left to right for Tommy Anderson to cross from the by-line to the back post where BEN WHITEHEAD was arriving at pace to finish.

The lead was short lived however as four minutes later a clever Blackfield free kick routine enabled Liam Robinson to cross into the mix and following several blocks the ball was eventually bundled over the line by ADEOYI OLUMUYIWA to level again.

Within a few minutes of the re-start the referee awarded Alan Griffin a second Yellow Card to change the balance of the game and with the extra man Blackfield pressed and a cross from their left flank led to two home defenders attempting to clear and the ball dropping to OLIVER DENNETT who drove it into the net from ten yards. 

Cirencester refused to lie down and took the game to Blackfield as they pressed down both flanks until the final whistle with many shots blocked or deflected wide to earn corner kicks but Blackfield survived to take the points.


Click here to read Dave Pyzer's match report.


This entry was posted on 20 January 2019 at 01:24 and is filed under First Team | Miscellaneous. You can leave a response here.

Bookmark with:

  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Reddit
  • StumbleUpon

Leave a Reply


(Required, not published)

Cirencester Town FC © 2011 - 2020