skip to content

Newsletter Sign up

Corinium Facilities

Centurion Football

Our Sponsors

  • Clarity Solutions
  • Networld Sports
  • Bluestone Insurance Services
  • Direct Business Solutions
  • Sollertis
  • Tiger Turf
  • SpecSavers
  • Murfitts/PRO-gran
  • Total Teamwear
  • Subway Cirencester

Ben Whitehead's hat-trick takes his tally to 30 League goals and helps secure another 3 points on the road for Cirencester.

Evo Stik Southern League 2017/18

West Division


Evesham United   2 – 5   Cirencester Town

Cirencester visited The Jubilee Stadium for the second time this season to face Evesham United looking for a repeat of their victory in the FA Trophy and despite being reduced to 10 men they came away with the points.

That the match took place at all was a credit to the ground-staff as the rain of recent days and early morning had put the fixture in doubt – two games had been postponed as late as 2.00 pm recently.

The home side started strongly and Cirencester had to weather the storm but 12 minutes into the game after defending an Evesham free kick they broke quickly down the right through Tommy Anderson who crossed to the back post for HENRY SPALDING to finish with a low accurate drive.

Twenty minutes later Cirencester broke down their left flank as the Spalding brothers combined for Louis to cross for BEN WHITEHEAD to head home at the near post.

On the stroke of half time an Evesham free kick into the Cirencester penalty area found their former Captain MATT LIDDIARD unmarked and he managed to head it back across goal and inside the far right post. 

Five minutes after the interval a speculative volley by Adam Connolly was re-directed by BEN WHITEHEAD’s head to restore their two-goal cushion.

Around the hour mark Connolly found HENRY SPALDING in space and he carried the ball to the edge of the home area before tucking it under an advancing Kevin Sawyer.   

As Evesham pushed forward Anderson fed the ball to BEN WHITEHEAD who replicated the earlier Spalding finish.

Two minutes later Cirencester were reduced to ten men after Louis Spalding was sent off for a second bookable offence and as a result his brother Henry was sacrificed for Aidan Bennett to take over at left back.

In the final minutes MATT LIDDIARD finished from close range after a corner kick had been launched into the 6 yard box.


Click here to read a match report.

This entry was posted on 11 February 2018 at 00:08 and is filed under First Team | Miscellaneous. You can leave a response here.

Bookmark with:

  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Reddit
  • StumbleUpon

Leave a Reply


(Required, not published)

Cirencester Town FC © 2011 - 2020