skip to content

Newsletter Sign up

Corinium Facilities

Centurion Football

Our Sponsors

  • Mainstream digital
  • Networld Sports
  • Sollertis
  • Direct Business Solutions
  • Tiger Turf
  • McDonalds Cirencester
  • Statehouse Financial Advisors
  • Clarity Solutions
  • SpecSavers
  • Cirecester Vape

Cirencester recover from a goal down after three minutes to win local derby against Swindon Supermarine.

Evo Stik Southern League 2017/18

West Division


Cirencester Town  4 – 2  Swindon Supermarine 

In an entertaining match, played at a high tempo despite the atrocious weather conditions, Cirencester recovered from a goal down after three minutes to record a valuable victory against their high-flying neighbours, Swindon Supermarine.

The visitors opened the scoring when JOE SELMAN burst down the right channel and fired a powerful low shot that was partially blocked by ‘keeper Matt Wieczorek but had enough impetus to get over the line.

Encouraged by the early goal ‘The Marine’ pressed for the next ten minutes but their hosts began to turn the tide towards the mid-point of the half and TOMMY OULDRIDGE levelled with a superb dipping strike into the top right corner.

Cirencester took the lead shortly before the interval when Aidan Bennett’s shot was parried by ‘keeper Josh Hill and BEN WHITEHEAD reacted quickly to bundle the ball over the line from a few yards.

The visitors came out of the blocks quickly after the break and nearly levelled on the hour when substitute Bradley Grey’s first touch was a left footed strike that looked destined for the top left corner until Wieczorek dived across to push it wide.

Undeterred Supermarine did level at the mid-point of the half when they intercepted a pass near the half way line and quickly fed JOSH PARSONS who made no mistake as he tucked the ball inside the left post from the edge of the box.

Cirencester regained the lead a minute later following a neat move on the left and a lay-off to HENRY SPALDING who placed his shot inside the right post from the edge of the box.

The home side scored again three minutes later when AIDAN BENNETT pounced to fire home after a couple of earlier efforts had been blocked.

During the final phase Parsons clipped the bar with a free kick and Grey fired wide after a charge down the right channel for the visitors whilst Ellis Dunton and Bennett had efforts blocked inside the ‘Marine’ 6 yard box.


Click here to read a match report.


This entry was posted on 26 December 2017 at 21:10 and is filed under First Team | Miscellaneous. You can leave a response here.

Bookmark with:

  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Reddit
  • StumbleUpon

Leave a Reply


(Required, not published)

Cirencester Town FC © 2011 - 2020