skip to content

Newsletter Sign up

Corinium Facilities

Centurion Football

Our Sponsors

  • Direct Business Solutions
  • Bluestone Insurance Services
  • David M.Coe Financial Planning
  • Spire House
  • McDonalds Cirencester
  • Murfitts/PRO-gran
  • Tiger Turf
  • Cirecester Vape
  • Statehouse Financial Advisors
  • Networld Sports

Cirencester gain another 'point' in game disrupted by serious injury to King's Lynn striker Ryan Hawkins.


Evo Stik Southern League 2016/17

Premier Division


Cirencester Town   1 – 1   King’s Lynn Town 

In a game interrupted twice, due to a serious leg injury sustained by King’s Lynn striker Ryan Hawkins, the home side secured another point in their fight to remain in the Premier Division next season.

Cirencester started the game positively and opened the scoring in the 10th minute when a firm header from GETHIN JONES found the back of the net.

The home side enjoyed plenty of possession during the early stages and nearly increased their lead at the mid-point of the half when Alan Griffin’s shot was deflected over the cross-bar. The resulting corner kicks produced a strong appeal for handball that was denied.

As Cirencester pressed forward King’s Lynn defended another corner kick and cleared the ball to SHAUN McWILLIAMS who charged down the left channel and confidently finished from 25 yards.

King’s Lynn had the ball in the Cirencester net again shortly afterwards but it was ruled to be ‘offside’.

As the half was drawing to a close Cirencester survived two goal-mouth scrambles.

After the interval Ryan Hawkins received the ball on the edge of the Cirencester penalty area and weaved his way into the box where a challenge resulted in a serious injury and the game being stopped for him to receive attention and be carried from the pitch on a stretcher.

The game continued with Cirencester pressing and King’s Lynn countering but was brought to a halt to enable an Ambulance Helicopter to land on the pitch to attend to the stricken Hawkins. After examination the Doctor decided that he should be taken to hospital for treatment on his severely gashed leg in the road Ambulance that had also arrived.

Once the helicopter had departed the teams warmed up for a few minutes and the game re-commenced.

During the remaining 19 minutes Cirencester had a couple of decent chances but ‘keeper Alex Street produced saves to deny them.


Click here to read Dave Pyzer's match report.


This entry was posted on 12 February 2017 at 01:40 and is filed under Youth Teams | Miscellaneous. You can leave a response here.

Bookmark with:

  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Reddit
  • StumbleUpon

Leave a Reply


(Required, not published)

Cirencester Town FC © 2011 - 2020