The Arena has a vacancy for an Assistant Manager.
FULL-TIME (39 HRS PER WEEK)
SALARY – circa £17K DOE with the opportunity of a performance related bonus
The Cirencester Arena opened in 2004 and has been built as part of Cirencester Town Football Club's ongoing development programme. It provides the club, local community and commerce with a facility they can be proud of and it also marks the introduction of the first such facility outside the professional game in this country.
The Cirencester Arena are looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic person to assist the Arena Manager in the day to day running of the facility. This is a unique opportunity to develop your existing skills working with the Arena Manager in this exciting environment to engage, encourage and enable people to enjoy a range of activities. We strive to offer the very best coaching skills and customer service allowing you to develop new relationships and build on existing relationships with our customers. This will require the successful candidate to possess excellent people skills to work with customers and other full and part-time employees.
The role will include
- The effective management and active promotion of the Arena to ensure maximum usage
- To assist with the management of the 5 aside football league, preparation of league table, fixtures, match reports, refereeing, updating website, membership renewal and bookings.
- To assist as required with the Arena pitch maintenance and preparation for events, also the general cleaning and maintenance of the total Arena area ensuring that it is a safe and secure environment at all times
- To plan and organise children’s parties and holiday coaching days and to deliver fun and enjoyable coaching sessions.
- To plan and run bubble football sessions for both adults and children.
- To co-operate effectively with both part time and full time staff at all times.
The ideal candidates will have:
- Excellent customer service skills both written and verbal
- Experience in leisure management
- A polite, confident and friendly manner
- Reliable self-motivated and well-presented
- A team player able to work as part of a team but able to use their own initiative when required
- Flexible, enthusiastic and quick thinking
- Knowledge of MS Office
- Able to work both evenings and weekends.
Necessary role related knowledge, skills and experience:
Completed Qualification in one of the following, Leisure and Tourism, Sports Science or Sports Studies
• Ideally qualified to a minimum of Level 1 in coaching
• General knowledge and experience of the 5 aside football discipline
• Customer Services related experience/background
• A minimum of a St Johns Ambulance first aid qualification
• Clear DBS check (formerly CRB)
• Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
Full mentoring and necessary training support will be provided to the successful candidate
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to become our new Assistant Manager then please apply today, as we would love to hear from you!
Please send your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org (for and on behalf of The Cirencester Town Arena Company Ltd) closing date for all applicants is Friday 3rd June 2016.
Interviews will take place during the week commencing Monday 6th June 2016.
Due to the large number of applicants we are unable to respond to every candidate. In the event that we have not communicated within 28 days, unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion but we would like to thank you for the interest you have shown.